Glossary of terms
Glossary of common terms and abbreviations used though-out the documentation.
- First of Type
- The chosen recipient(s) to test the first deployment of the new capabilities.
- A system which consumes data using existing Open APIs
- A system which provides data by exposing Open APIs
- Personal Demographics Service
- The Personal Demographics Service (PDS) is the national electronic database of NHS patient details such as name, address, date of birth and NHS Number (known as demographic information).
- Spine Directory Service
- Spine Directory Service (SDS) is the main information source about NHS registered users and accredited systems and services.
- Fast Healthcare Interoperability Framework. A standard for exchanging heatlthcare informtion electronically.
- Representational State Transfer. A method for providing interoperability between systems using HTTP.