High-level principles related to the development of the system
- Software assets to be held on GitHub.
- Software to be licensed under the Apache 2 license.
- Code repositories will use the GitFlow branching model.
- Contributors make changes by submitting pull requests.
- Editors review pull requests for consistency prior to merging into
- Periodically, editors create a
releasecandidate (where appropriate, editors will seek wider review of release candidate assets including clinical review, Connectathon testing and so on).
- Following successful review, assets are marked as active and published to
- Software assets will follow Semantic Versioning.
- Major versions will be maintained in parallel for a period of time before deprecation.
- GitHub webhooks will be used to automatically build and publish software assets to a public test instance.